HaemoCap™ MultiSite is a PVC medical device with a hook and loop fastener. HaemoCap™ MultiSite is to be used with absorbent dressings/gauze and suitable vacuum pump, neither of which are supplied with the device. HaemoCap™ multisite is supplied non-sterile in a sealed pouch and is single-use.
HaemoCap™ MultiSite is indicated for applying consistent pressure to traumatic wounds and can be used in conjunction with other haemostatic agents.
- Due to the presence of DEHP in the device, it is not recommended for use on minors and pregnant or nursing women.
- For single patient use only. Do not reuse, reprocess or sterilise this product. Reuse, reprocessing or sterilisation may compromise the structural integrity of the device and/or create a risk of contamination of the device which could result in patient injury, illness or death.
- Prior to use, the packaging and product should be inspected for signs of damage. Never use damaged product or product from a damaged package.
- Should excess bleeding continue after 15 minutes ensure that the device is placed correctly and there is sufficient vacuum.
- It is recommended not to replace the absorbent gauze as this could reopen the wound though apply another should it become saturated or macerated.
- Minimise the movement of the patient suspected for neck or spinal injury